Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Bad...

I just don't get what this is trying to be really. It is not terrible. Neither is is boring (a reason why most of the shirts below are included in this section). I think it is the sleeves which I realise it comes without. Oh well...if it is not on Frank Lampard, I am not interested.


 I am sorry Wolves, but I never like your shirts. I just cannot get onboard with the mustard colour. I think it has been proved that nobody can pull of orange mustard, not even duck. The home shirt is okay and if you ignore those colours then it is pretty unoffensive. But the away shirt? You can't see what that guys holding but I am guessing it is a kebab, a betting slip, a bottle of 9% K Cider and he has his baseball cap on all scewiff. This is not my views on people from Wolverhampton (well, not all) it is my views in the cheap look of the shirt. Terrible.

Nearly there West Brom. You were getting close, there is just something not quite right about these kits. I am very fond of smart looking shirts and I think it is a hard look to gain from a football top really, considering what generally fills these things is far from smart and West Brom are just dipping into the 'cheap' looking bracket.. I think it may be the unfortunately unattractive sponsor name that is the let down here.

 If West Brom are teetering on the edge, dipping their little toes in the pool of cheapness, Newcastles Away kit has taken a running dive and is currently bombing down to the bottle of the deep end to join Wolves.
 I keep changing my mind about this one. I quite like the collar, it has a clean and simple design and it all fits together quite nicely. It just looks a bit...boring. Some pizzazz is missing somewhere. This could have been included in The Good I suppose, with a push but...well, it is Man Utd after all so points need to be deducted.
 Take away the Liverpool badge and this would be one of my faveourite designs. I think it is smart, it is quite funky and I love the collar. But, fact is it is for Liverpool and the fact still remains that Liverpool are well known as the 'red' half of the city. A few megre miles down the road in Everton land, well now that is the 'blue' half. I get where this is coming from...it is trying to be different, it is trying to make a statement. I just think the message falls short and the blue choice of colour seems a bit unnecessary at the possible expense of alienating fans.

 Yet again another case of nearly but not quite, the general theme for the shirts here. You can keep shirts simple sure but they have to be eye catching and again, there is another team jumping around wanting to have some fun in the pool. The away shirt is quite obviously better but I think the aspect on both shirts that really puts me off is the funny line under the FXPro....it makes it look like it has a support bra built in. I can imagine it looks better on....a lady.


Dun, dun, dun....another one bites the dust. Please fire the man responsible for designing Evertons kits over the past few years. What is going on? The home kit I can get down with. It is old school but possibly just a touch too much. I had to look at the photo 3 times and then double check and then I still wasn't sure if it was a modern picture. I like retro aspects incorporated into modern shirts, like Villa have managed to do and I reckon a lot of people will like this shirt it is just too old for me. For the away shirt, see my description for Wolves. Pink wasn't bold enough for you hey Everton?

* I have just realised most of the shirts in the good section are being worn and most of the shirts above are not...maybe it makes a bigger difference that I first thought*

No comments:

Post a Comment